Tuesday, October 30, 2012

16 Weeks and Counting

I’ve been made aware that it is time for another update. The time really is just flying by.
I’m racking my brain for any “interesting” updates…
Mom came back into town and was a tremendous help once again. We ventured to our first major consignment sale (one of those held in a warehouse for just a weekend.) We pulled the trigger and got a great deal on a crib that seems to be new (i.e. no teething marks from previous babies.) It is now in pieces in our garage, waiting to be cleaned and painted. Maybe a Thanksgiving weekend project?

Hurricane Sandy came and went. It turned out not doing as much damage as they anticipated here in NOVA. We never lost power thankfully, and an added bonus- both of us had Monday AND Tuesday off together!! Is it wrong that we soaked it up by staying in bed till 9am (okay, 10:30am one day) and spent the rest of it on the couch watching movies and grading papers?? Friends with babies tell us to soak up these last “hurricane/snow days” because it loses its appeal when there is a little one still making you get up and function early.
Nothing too new to report on the baby front. I am finishing up week 16 and need to get the new camera working so I can post another baby bump picture.
The latest “symptom” has been afternoon headaches that turn into evening & then night headaches. It’s strange, but for the past week, like clockwork, I get a headache starting midday. They started out mild/nagging. As the week went on they got more intense. I’ve tried caffeine, Tylenol, a heating pad, food and sleeping but nothing has helped. When I wake up in the morning it’s gone. I’m just assuming it is one of those pregnancy things that will move on to something else at some point. But just in case, I have my next doctor’s appointment on Thursday. We’ll see what they say.
How far along are you?  rounding out the 16th week
How big is the baby?  about 4.6” long & the size of an avocado
Any weight gain/loss?  Not sure since last post…anxious to see on Thursday
Maternity clothes?  Hit up Old Navy for some black pants & jeans & they are the greatest things EVER!!
Sleep?  sleeping well and often, no more nightly bathroom visits
Baby Movement?  not that I can feel
Belly Button?  Still working its way out…so strange
Cravings?  Still on a Mexican kick-although Mom thinks it’s more about the beans than Mexican since I am also loving chili, pasta fagioli, etc.  Will randomly crave a Cherry Coke for no reason.
Aversions?  avocado/guacamole - still
Gender?  no idea & it’s killing me
Labor signs?  nope
Symptoms?  Just the daily headaches mentioned above & the skin has started itching-mainly the tummy.
What I miss?  Nothing really.
Upcoming appointments?  Thursday the 2nd.
What is next on the To-Do list?  Still needing to learn how to use the new camera & getting the nursery ready to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment